[3830] NAQP SSB WW4SF(WN4AFP) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 16 21:36:24 EDT 2020

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WW4SF
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WW4SF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC

  160:    2     2
   10:    4     4
-------------------
Total:  224   105  Total Score = 23,520

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: Swamp Fox Gators

Comments:

I had fun representing the Swamp Fox Contest Group by running our club station
callsign,WW4SF and to use "FOX" for my name. The real "Swamp
Fox" was the American Revolutionary War Brigadier General Francis Marion
who led the Continental troops in South Carolina. He was known for his 'special
forces' type warfare. So watch out for the Swamp Foxes, you won't see us coming.

We had eight team members on the air during this contest. One of our newest
'recruits' Scott, KN4SMO jumped in the trenches and completed the mission.

On Thursday, solve an antenna problem and get it back up in the air working
100%. I wasn't able to work this one FT, but I had a fun 6.5 hour adventure. It
started on the high bands. 10m was open and I found AL, FL, OK and AR mults. I
quickly moved to 15m and it was open for a majority of the contest. Prop was all
over the place.. from VA to ON to AR and everything in between, 20m beat out 40m
as my best band. 80m was a jungle. I also made TWO miracle contacts on 160m. I
worked fellow SFCG members N4XL, AC4MC and K3DNE. GO FOXES!

KR4HH and K9GWS and any other South Carolina contesters who participated in this
contest are cordially invited to join the Swamp Fox Contest Group by visiting
http://swampfoxcontestgroup.com

73s FOX WW4SF (aka Dave WN4AFP)

Thanks to all of you who worked the "FOX"