[3830] NAQP CW W5MX Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 12 10:44:35 EST 2020

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ky

   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  855   184  Total Score = 157,320

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Team: KCG FT

Comments:

Operated this one from home, wires only. Family visiting so no trip down to the
contest site for this one. No directive antennas here really makes it tough on
the higher bands, but tried to make some hay on the lowers to compensate.

Storms took out one support of the 80 meter delta loop during the evening as
very bad storms rolled through. The lightning wasn't directly over our location
but all over the south (not far, some 15-20 miles away). Bands very noisy most
of the evening.

Son helped me cobble together somewhat of a repair of the 80m loop with a
flashlight as it was dark out. It was absolutely pouring the rain while we were
outside, got soaked to the bone. I had another one of those "I must be
insane to do this for radio" moments while I was out there. I believe my
wife, daughters and son all think I am completely off my rocker due to such
behavior for ham radio over the years. Then I wonder why none of them ever
became hams :-).

Thanks to all for the Q's!
Bryan
W5MX