[3830] IARU N8II SOABMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 16 16:34:00 EDT 2020

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:    9      0      2       2
   80:   38      0      7      10
   40:  181      0     15      17
   20:  326    275     26      32
   15:  173     24     17      20
   10:   42     10      6      13
-------------------------------------
Total:  769    309     73      94  Total Score = 561,545

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

15 and 10 provided their usual but unexpected openings to EU. The best prop into
EU was the first 90 minutes on 15/10, but 15 was slightly open around midnight
in EU.
20 was tough as usual into EU until about 20Z; signals were booming in the
22-23Z hours, but EU activity had dropped by then. I tried a SSB run around
14309 KHz at 23Z on a very clear frequency with no luck, then tried 14346 with a
decent run over 20+ EU stations. I was trying to make 1K Q's late in my evening
and worried I would fall short; I tried running on 20 vs. mostly S&P on 40
phone and easily pushed over the 1K mark with a very good run of NA and
KH6,VK,ZL (over 10 Q's all 3 total). The last 20 minutes was S&P on 20 CW
where I worked the Kazakh HQ station, OH,R9, R3/4/5/6, and UR stations.

Overall, it was a lot of fun which was my goal. Attending to XYL for meals,etc.
makes a big effort pretty difficult. Thanks  for the Q's; 10 and 15 phone could
have used more activity. The mults seemed hard to come by this year except for
20. There was less than usual activity from Carib./SA.

73, Jeff