[3830] ARRL June VHF N8RA Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 15 09:12:12 EDT 2020

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2020

Call: N8RA
Operator(s): N8RA
Station: N8RA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN31
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:   5     4
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   5     4  Total Score = 40

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The June VHF is not my favorite for a weak signal contest, and other pressing
tasks caused me to skip it this year ,except for monitoring 222174 to see what
activity might be moving to FT8 there.

I did not monitor 222065 as others have suggested so please mention if you made
some Q’s there.

I decoded CQs from NZ1I, KB4BKV, KE1LI, N2NT, WB3IGR, W2AAU, KV1J, and W1QK.

If I happened to be in the shack close to a time when a decode came thru, I was
able to make a contact. Initially I did not notice that my TX audio level was
close to zero. Kudos to NZ1I and KE1LI for copying my QRPP sig at that time.

Frequency stability on 222 seems something to be managed. Some stations on their
waterfall were like smoke from a chimney on a windy day, each signal blotch was
a little to the side of the previous one, making a curve as they rose up the
waterfall display. Other stations were clearly more stable and exhibited
straight vertical smoke, and I believe my receiver is stable (Elecraft
transverter with crystal oven option).