[3830] DRCG RTTY AB1J SOAB-6 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 15 09:13:23 EDT 2020

                    DRCG WW RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOAB-6 LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:56

   80:
   40:   23       2         10
   20:   93      13         15
   15:   10       1          6
   10:    1       0          1
-----------------------------------
Total:  127      16         32  Total Score = 44,592

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I planned a 6 hour 2nd segment entry from 1800-2400z on Saturday, all in one
fell swoope.  No strategizing about optimal times and bands.  Strictly KISS.
Turned out I hit a dead spot about 2200z when 20m was temporarily worked out and
it was too early for 40m (too much daylight).  I took an hour break but that
left me short an hour since that segment ended at 2400z. I really wanted to be
all done Saturday evening.

The last segment on Sunday morning is the slowest but looking at previous log
data it seemed things would be best from 1400-1600z Sunday, so I hung out until
then before jumping back in with two short operating periods separated by an
hour break.  In the end I put in 5:56.

This is some kind of hybrid contest with both distance scoring and country/area
mults.  Not pure either way.  In my mind having mults ruins distance scoring,
except possibly in the WW-Digi which uses grid locs for distance scoring and
grid fields as mults.  Grid fields are large, similarly shaped areas spread
evenly over the globe.  Countries/areas are of all sizes and shapes and unevenly
distributed and inherently unfair.  Definitely 20th century old school.

Thanks for the contacts.  It was fun to do some RTTY.  Stay safe and well.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Station - the usual suspects