[3830] ARRLDX SSB KD9MS SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 8 20:12:30 EDT 2020

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 25:45

  160:    3     2
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  413   207  Total Score = 256,473

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I wanted to make 400 qso's nearing the end of the contest and I made that. I
really wanted to get 200 multipliers and I barely got that, but then I was able
to get more near then end in the last hour. I am pleased with my 80 meter
station, only 100 watts to a vertical wire, but with prompting from my SMC club,
I put down lots of radials underneath it. That really helped!

I wish 10 meters had opened, I only really heard 1 station there, an EA8 that
was super loud on a dead band when I was expecting SA to come in. I think we
both surprised each other with how loud we were. Only 1 of 2 contacts made on
10. Come on sunspots! I heard the bottom is going to be in April. I hope so.
This is rough on a low power station that can't run. All S&P again. Lots of
fun though!

Highlights, busting numerous pileups with low power especially ZS6 and V5,
finding J2 before the cluster got hold of him and the 3 contacts I made on
160!!! Thanks TI and ZF for those!

73, Craig KD9MS