[3830] 222Up N6GP/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 8 19:04:42 EDT 2021

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2021

Call: N6GP/R
Operator(s): N6GP
Station: N6GP/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: LAX

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  43  Total Score = 4,454

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Got exemption from ARRL rules to carpool in single rover with 2 separate
stations.
N6UTC and I went to the Grapevine exit on I-5 in the Central Valley. I worked
W6YEP at W6TV both bands for some good points.  Only worked K6MI/R at one of his
stops, due to bad propagation.  Locals in the valley were speculating that bad
prop was due to the smoke from the fire.  Went to DM05 to work a few more.
Spent Sunday morning in Diamond Bar for DM13 and DM14.  Tnx to WA6EJO for the
very long-haul QSOs to Santa Barbara!
First time I've ever roved for this.  Probably the last time, because NAQP is
much more fun.   222+ needs some serious rule tweaks:
      1.  Change time from 0000z Sunday (Saturday afternoon local) to 2359z, to
mostly avoid the conflict with NAQP CW.  Or switch to different weekend.
      2.   Create limited 4 band classes for Rovers and Fixed.  This would be
low power and would include 222, 432, 902 and 1.2 ghz.