[3830] WWDigi VA7ST SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 29 22:01:03 EDT 2021

                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2021

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   29     8
   15:    1     1
Total:  317    52  Total Score = 27,872

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Not a great contesting mode at all. In one sample half-hour I lost 8 QSOs to
non-responding callers (several called me then I saw them work another station
while I wasted time trying to respond to them).

FT4 activity was better than I've seen in other events, but it's still about as
exciting as watching the grass grow in August.

I do not think FT mode contesting will grow the sport. It might even create a
falsely poor impression of what actual contesting at rate (with CW, SSB or RTTY)
feels like.

Still, I guess I had enough fun to stick with it for a lot of hours :)
Definitely had better luck with DX than in the RTTYops contest segments that
book-ended this one.