[3830] SS CW K0EU SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 9 09:53:42 EST 2021

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: CO

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Congrats to Todd VE5MX on another high power assisted victory.

I worked my tail off to maximize rate and only managed to add the equivalent of
3/4 QSO per hour compared to last year. My first four hours were plus 40
compared to last year, but I lost back most of that gain.

As the contest progresses, my "sent" number gets gradually larger than
the actual QSO number. I know it is something to do with a serial number getting
assigned to the second radio, and then discarded when I don't make the QSO. That
makes it look like I'm doing better than I actually am. This year, the final
sent number was 1460 but I only made 1430 QSO's.

Lots of good operators out there this time. Some really impressive newbies. If
there was one thing I could correct it is to get people to NOT send any leading
zero or "T" characters with the serial number. You are adding
information that has no value, and unless I have good copy, it makes me think
you are sending a larger number, such as 105, instead of 005.

73 Randy K0EU