[3830] CaQP NT6V SO CntyExp HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 3 18:17:30 EDT 2021

                    California QSO Party - 2021

Call: NT6V
Operator(s): NT6V
Station: NT6V

Class: SO HP
Class Overlay: CntyExp
QTH: NAPA

   10:     2
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Plan for the county expeditions formed on short notice since Napa seemed rare on
CW. Operated from a residential location in the city of Napa and set up a fan
dipole @ 30 ft overlooking the Napa River. Arrived on site Friday 4 pm and still
had to cut and tune all the elements. Had 40,20,15m ready by night fall. Then
during Saturday afternoon in a break added and tuned quickly two wires for 80 m.
Worked out nicely for how makeshift and untested everything was. Went CW only
after SSB seemed to cause issues with the landowners TV set, which we found 2
min before the contest start, and there was no time to troubleshoot. On Sunday
morning suddenly high SWR on the antenna. Turned out the coax center pin
disconnected at the dipole and had to be resoldered, for which I lost an hour.
Overall, I had a blast. My first CQP participation and first county expedition.

Station: K3 and Expert 1.3k running at 800-900W.
Antenna: Fan dipole 80,40,20,15 m @ 30ft