[3830] CQWW SSB K1RX M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 31 21:45:19 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): N9NC W1LX K1ZR KC1KUG K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH

  160:   67    10       33
   80:  450    18       81
   40: 1190    24      100
   20: 1987    37      125
   15: 1646    33      122
   10:  636    23       88

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The shake down cruise was a success!  Welcome to Cycle 25.

The email that was posted to our group was entitled "Getting the Band Back
Together" after 6 years, where the core group (ZR, RX and NC) did a M2 in
CQWW
 CW contest from the amazing QTH of K1ZR (now taken down).

New ops joined us: KC1KUG and W1LX helped get us to the top of the standings!

I decided to host the party with a much simpler station than K1ZR.  Keeping in
mind, the K1RX station was built around the theme of "downsized for
retirement", and a single op layout.  Needless to say, had to move a few
things around, added a table, network for the computers and some antenna
juggling to make it happen. But hey, the band was getting back together!

Now having an amazing weekend of top to bottom excellent propagation and a
awesome crew, made the weekend a complete success!

Simple station here:

Station: 160 M 4 SQ, 80 M 4 SQ, 40 M 4 SQ (all wire); 40 M 3 el yagi at 60 ft
(fixed NE/SW) and other wires for 40; 20 M 5 el, 15 M 5 el, and a 10 M 5 el -
all on a single tower!  Full description on QRZ.com, 3 operating positions.

My special thanks to all that called in from around the world!  Another one for
the books and a lot of great memories!

73, Mark, K1RX