[3830] CQWW SSB NG1M SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 31 21:34:10 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: NG1M
Operator(s): NG1M
Station: NG1M

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   20     6       15
   40:   66    10       34
   20:  183    19       61
   15:  185    17       55
   10:  164    14       44

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Well - this was the FIRST CONTEST WITH HIGH POWER!

Lessons Learned:
1. Don't wait till the last minute to set up the amplifier...  I spent about ~3
hours of "contest time" figuring things out.
2. If the AMP wants 240V, give it 240V!  Was not running of FULL power!

Growing pains!  Having said that, I spent about the same time actually operating
as last year put made 228 more Qs - over a 50% improvement.  POWER WORKS.  Like
last year, this was an S&P effort off the tri-bander.  I need to build
better Low Band antennas.

The future is POWERED!