[3830] NA Sprint CW W8FN HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 12 09:39:26 EDT 2021

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: South East Sprint Coalition #2

Comments:

Wow. This was the same kind of whuppin' I took in the February running, for all
the same reasons. Mediocre antennas for 80 and 40 and a poor antenna for 20 just
aren't the hot setup to do well in the Sprints. And of course being 5 dB down
from the full power guys doesn't help. Lost most "jump ball" calls and
was only able to convert a successful QSO to a doublet about 20% of the time.
Guess I need to wait until I can grow decent antennas and/or get a bigger
amplifier before I'll have much success.

73...
Randy