[3830] CQ WW RTTY IK2YCW(IT9RGY) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 27 15:52:43 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: IK2YCW
Operator(s): IT9RGY
Station: IK2YCW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

   80:  430       27      62    15
   40:  905       50      92    30
   20: 1065       54     102    34
   15:  635       43      85    34
   10:   31        0      19    11
------------------------------------
Total: 3066      174     360   124  Total Score = 5,119,240

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

#cqww #rtty @italiancontestclub

The CQWW RTTY'21 is gone and I am ready thinking to the next one!
I really love that contest and I am always looking for improvements, so the
check for competitors's logs and target starts weeks before the match.
I was ready one week before the contest and so I slept about 5hrs before its
start. I thought it would be the usual match with SN7Q but, luckily, it wasn't:
OM5ZW, 9A5Y, SO9I, OK2D, LC3A, ZF1A, AA3B, etc on cqcontest.net, OM2VL, UW1M,
LY7Z heard on the bands.
SN7Q joined 5hours late for some issue and couldn't begin on time.
Being online on full force let us, and our fellows friends, to enjoy a SUPER
online match with overtakings for about all the contest. First, second, forth,
second...tens of times, much better than F1!

I knew I coudln't be like competitors on 20/15m and so I had intense moments
with 2R S&P as the Run was too low.
Sartuday it was a pain on 15m for me, while others were running US. I tried not
to loose too much comparing with northern guys, but 15m QSO are crucial in temrs
of points/average.
During the evenings and nights I could cover some gap and I hoped some
competitor would fall a sleep :)
Luckily for me someone slept and after 30hrs I managed to be first.
Then I've just slept 20min for a power-nap and I was ok till the end.

Unfortunately a huge storm came and during the best opening on 15-20m all the
area around the station lost the electricity due to lightnings.
Two hrs later the electrical company fixed the problem and I could continue the
contest. We were all so close in points that I really had to do my best to climb
the rank a bit. Never give up anyway!

In the end I am very satisfied with the result - higher than my target and new
Italian record claimed - and for Mults numbers that could have been even better
with those 2 hrs.

My sincere thanks to the guys online who kept pushing a lot and forced me to do
my best. Being friends gives even more fun to just the competition.
A huge CONGRATS to SN7Q for being there even if late and still able to
overtaking us to the WIN! Well deserved man!

Last but not least THANKS to Claudio IK2YCW for being there all the time,
letting me to just concentrate on the result!

I love this game!!
73 de Gabry IT9RGY at IK2YCW
see you in 363 days...... :)