[3830] CQMM DX KH6AQ SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 17 20:19:48 EDT 2022

                    CQMM DX Contest - 2022

Call: KH6AQ
Operator(s): KH6AQ
Station: KH6AQ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: HAWAII

   80:    0      0
   40:  144      9
   20:   91      7
   15:  259     25
   10:   94     28
----------------------
Total:  588     69  Countries = 36  Total Score = 270,375

Club: Hungarian DX Club

Comments:

This was my first time in the contest and I love it! I'll be back. The scoring
is genius. I'm glad I didn't do a 15m single band effort as the all-band effort
was great fun. I learned good things about my station, propagation and myself.
No real sleep deprivation, yet I got 25 hours on the air. Finishing the last
hour of an all day session with a beer or two makes for a smooth finish.

Station: FTdx-10, AL-811 amp at 500W (400W on 10m), Hexbeam at 35' and a full
size vertical on 40m. The vertical was relocated the day before the contest so
that 500W could be run without causing RFI to the neighbors. Local PV system
noise sources (several) were in their usual fine form this weekend and 10 meters
was one's favorite. Fortunately, 15 meters is my "quiet" band having
the lowest PV system noise. Sorry about that, I heard probably 200 of you
calling in the noise but just could not pull you out. Thank you for the effort
and a special thanks to those who stuck around while I invoked various knobs and
buttons on the rig to copy you and complete the QSO. A receive noise cancelling
effort is my next station improvement.