[3830] ARRL 10 AD5A SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 11 20:27:24 EST 2022

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: AD5A
Operator(s): AD5A
Station: AD5A

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: TX

   CW: 1409   135
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1409   135  Total Score = 760,860

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I started this contest  with the only intention of getting a few points for the
club. I had nothing scheduled for the weekend, but the 10m contest in recent
years hasn't been that much fun. I knew it would probably be better this year,
but had no idea there would be this much activity. Of course in South Texas we
savor any EU opening and when I turned on the rig at 1400z with a cup of coffee,
wow. What I thought would be 4 or 5 hours of operating to generate a few points
turned into a 20 hour, "part time" effort:-). Lots of fun and now I
need to catch up on the chores I missed this weekend.

K4 and KPA1500, Mid-Tri (3 elements on 10) and an XR7 (2 elements on 10). Both
antennas, on separate towers @ ~70'.

I did work all states, but don't have much luck with the Mexican multpliers from
here, too close. I only worked one Mexican station all weekend.

Thanks for the QSO's

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.