[3830] ARRL 10 VE4GV SO Mixed Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 11 22:38:31 EST 2022

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2022

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 10:49

   CW:  322    82
  SSB:  432    74
-------------------
Total:  754   156  Total Score = 335,712

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

First evening - zero QSOs
Get up early Sat...things are starting to get good. Some decent EU with very
specific paths to EA, CT, and occasional G and F. No deeper EU but at least it
bodes well for VE4 propagation in the future. Worked most that I could hear but
a couple of exceptions, ZD7, Indonesia, Du. Then ...all of a sudden...JAs!!! I
haven't heard them on 10m in YEARS! Its hard to believe that I easily worked
2500 Qs in this test in the late 80s ...using DUPE sheets!

Sunday arrives  and someone blew a fuse in the propagation machine. No Eu, Weak
signals that were difficult to pull out of the noise. Band map eventually wiped
clean and nothing left to work. CQing was pretty fruitless. Looks like VE4 hams
had this test covered ...as a few said that there ere more VE4s on than VE3s!

Look for me from 6Y5 for ARRL DX CW 2023  as 6y/VE4GV

Tnx for the Qs. I LOVE 10 M
Rob VE4GV