[3830] ARRLDX CW WB0TEV SOUAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 20 19:46:25 EST 2022

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV
Station: WB0TEV

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 19:34

Total:  607   355  Total Score = 646,455

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

I'm not a very skilled CW op, but I had a blast searching and pouncing, or more
accurately, clicking on the spots in the N1MM+ Available Mults and Q's window.
For the 1st half of the contest I worked almost nothing but mults.  When there
weren't any left that were workable, I'd hit the band with the best propagation
(typically 15m) and either aim SE and pick off SA or else aim NW and harvest
JA's.

N1MM+ says less than 20 hours op time.  My daughter and grandtoddler were here
much of the weekend, so the radio had some competition for my attention.

Among those worked on 6 bands were TO4A, P44W, PJ2T, and V3T.  5 banders
included KP2M, KH6LC, and KL7SB.  Picked up one new DXCC band slot thanks to
3V8SF on 80m.

 Band     QSOs     Pts  Cty  Pt/Q
   1.8      27      81   23   3.0
   3.5      50     150   42   3.0
     7     102     306   67   3.0
    14     166     498   86   3.0
    21     191     573   94   3.0
    28      71     213   43   3.0
 Total     607    1821  355   3.0
Score: 646,455
1 Mult = 1.7 Q's

I continue to be a one armed op for a few months as I recover from shoulder
surgery.

In shack Gear:  TS-590SG, KPA1500 amp, N1MM+, RSPduo for spectrum display.
TX antennas: shunt fed 63 foot tower (160m), Inverted V at 60 feet (80m), home
brew vertical (40m), Mosley PRO-67B at 63 feet (40/20/15/10)
RX antennas: 600 foot reversible NE/SW beverage, 720 foot reversible NW/SE
beverage.

CU next week in the 160m SSB contest and NAQP RTTY.

73, Victor WB0TEV