[3830] NCCC Sprint KG5U LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 6 22:10:08 EST 2022

                    NCCC Sprint - Jan 7

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

   80:   6     6
   40:   1     1
Total:   7     7  Total Score = 49

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Crazy day and night. Spent past four or five hours trying to get RTTY to work in
MMTTY/N1MM/K4D, to no avail. I had it working earlier this week, but I must have
changed something. Then, when time for NS CW approached I discovered N1MM would
not let me do CW in what it called a "digital subband". HUH? WTHIT? I
finally did manage to manually squeak out 7 QSOs, so it's not a total loss. This
radio may be a short timer in KG5U's house; my K3S never gave me this much
heartache.

73,
dale, kg5u

xcvr: K4D, 100w
ant: AV-640 (20-10), 40m Inv vee @ 70\\\', 80m Inv vee at 70\\\'
sw: N1MM+
keyer: WKUSB & Kent iambic paddles & N1MM+
beverage: Folger\\\'s