[3830] ARRL Jan VHF NS3T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 22:07:10 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM18

    6:  39     10
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  39     10  Total Score = 390

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I miss contest CW on 6 meters.

I only saw skip for a couple of minutes to Florida, and worked 2 stations on
FT8.  Otherwise, it was all DC-Philly type stuff for me.

One odd thing to report, and I wonder if anyone else noticed this with WSJT-x.
When using FT8, there were a number of stations who did not answer me, even
though they weren't far away.

Usually, I operate split.  But when these stations did not answer, I switched to
transmit on their frequency - and each time BOOM, they answered right away.

Am I missing something?  Do I have a box checked that I shouldn't?  Are they
doing something odd with FT8?  Any ideas?  It just seemed so odd.

73 NS3T