[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KM8V SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 16 23:17:32 EST 2022

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2022

Call: KM8V
Operator(s): KM8V
Station: KM8V

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: Fairview Park, OH

  432:   17     4
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  197    68  Total Score = 14,522

Club: Black River Radio Ops

Comments:

With very few brief openings on 6m, a lot of this one was like watching paint
dry.

Only a 6m loop and a 2m/70cm e-factor loop here up about 22ft.
IC-7610 and 9700 SO2R
Dual-band mobile on 146.52 to catch some FM contacts

Got up a little early on Sunday to try some MSK and make a few contacts before 6
started back up.

Sunday afternoon and especially evening was, no fun at all, but I enjoyed
chasing / defending my position on the online scoreboard.

If you don't watch and submit the online scoreboard, I highly recommend it. I
would've been out of the chair a lot earlier if I wasn't motivated by KA8CNI
chasing me, and the trash talk via text messages was fun as well.

Looking forward to the June VHF, which I think is usually more fun.

73 de KM8V Jon