[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 14 23:11:05 EDT 2022

                    NCCC Sprint - Jul 15

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

   80:   1      1
   40:  10      7
   20:   8      6
   15:   7      6
Total:  26     20  Total Score = 520

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My sincere apology to John, AJ1DM for our null Q after the close on 80M!  I was
watching the logger clock carefully to be sure we initiated the Q before it
rolled over, but alas.....next time.

Important realization over the last week and maybe a successful experiment
tonight: choking impedance of my balun on 80M is too low, balun gets hot at 100W
and shack is alive with common-mode current.  Switched balun from 1:1 to 1:4
impedance ratio, ATU retuned, and no RFI to the logging computer.  Will test
this out in earnest over the next couple days.  There may be hope for low bands
at 100 watts after all.

Great to have 15 and 20 so full of signals, but hard to be heard in the pileups.
I hoped 15 would be in good shape with SFI at 169 and it didn't disappoint.

Nice to work DanWA on a couple of bands - his numbers always double mine!

Many thanks for the Qs, and 73,

MikeNH