[3830] WPX SSB WA7BNM SOSB10 Unassisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 28 12:28:47 EDT 2022

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: SOSB10 LP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: S.Calif

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I chose SOSB10 in hopes of working ND and SD on 10m, but barely worked any US
stations. Due to out-of-town guests, I didn't start operating until 2230Z
Saturday. Worked a half-dozen JAs by calling CQ after hearing a JA work a SA
station.

Most of Saturday morning was spent tuning the band for 15 minutes, maybe finding
a station or two to work, and then doing something else in hopes that things
would get better in another hour. At about 1900Z finally seemed like enough
activity to stay in the chair until I hung it up at 2215Z. Was pleasantly
surprised to work a V5, a FK and a TX, but never heard Europe.

Rig: Icom IC-7610 100 watts
Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 at 70 ft
Antenna: Optibeam OB16-3 at 50 ft fixed SE

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)