[3830] CQWW SSB ES7A M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 1 13:57:23 EDT 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2022

Call: ES7A
Operator(s): ES7GM ES7GN ES7NY ES7SOA ES7SOAR ES5HTA
Station: ES7A

Class: M/S LP
QTH: KO28SJ

That was indeed one fun weekend. We've spent countless of hours this summer (and
early autumn) getting those new antennas and towers up and ready. Most of the
hard work has been done, but there is still plenty to do. 160m still has only
one Delta Loop, 80 meters only had an inverted-V before the contest and one
tower is still on the ground.

We were able to install new 80m 4SQ a week before but never had time to attach
all the cables, controllers, dummy etc. So when the contest started we decided
to directly feed one vertical. While other guys were making QSO's, some of us
spent time on finalizing the antenna. We got it up and running late Sunday
afternoon and boy it helped us a lot. Few hours before the contest we grabbed
about 15 missing mults on 80.

We also had two rookies doing their first ever CQWW. ES7SOA and his son ES7SOAR
were hooked from the get go. They understood immediately what had to be done and
hour by hour they felt more comfortable. Give those guys few more contests and
they are going to be huge support.

Contest started with very good rates, but sadly Aurora wall wasn't gonna wait
for long. Early morning green-ish sky was visible from North. We were calling
and calling and then calling some more, but it was a real struggle for stations
to hear us. We knew we were out of the big game and Southern EU had their own
contest. Sunday on the other hand was amazing. The whole 10 meter bandwidth was
full. I hope it stays like this for the next 4 to 5 years.

Nevertheless we had fun and hopefully we can finish what we started next year.

73!
Kris, ES7GM