[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 16 15:31:09 EST 2022

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Nov 16

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP20XW

Total:  36  Mults = 28  Total Score = 1,008

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

No traffic on 14 MHz. Barely passed the 1000 pts,
while working on 3.5 & 7 MHz. The PTT/SEND output
of this IC-761 is damaged, and has a temperature
dependent problem. With a series resistor it can
drive the LK-550Z, but it turns out, the input
relay flips (deactivates) first and the rig sees
a high SWR. It turned out that my local QRN is so
bad, that with the PreAmp ON, I can work through
the relay leakage of the amplifier, while it is
on all the time. I tested this on Timo's OH2A
border-signal on 3.5 MHz: no difference in SNR.

The above clearly indicates, that I have to change
rigs, also due to needed better NR noise reduction.
Also I do not get more than 800 W out of the LK-550.
Usually 1200 - 1300 W seen with 100 watts of drive.

The geomagnetic field has been relatively quiet for
the last 48 hours, and X-ray background is about C2.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops