[3830] CQWW CW K6NR SOAB Classic HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 29 14:51:09 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K6NR
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6NR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: CA zone 3
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

  160:   13     7        8
   80:   33     9       18
   40:  205    23       59
   20:  172    25       67
   15:  311    31       70
   10:  315    24       41

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest, lots of activity from all over the world, all the bands
were open pretty well. Maybe not quite as good conditions as during CQ WW
SSB. Early Saturday afternoon I was hoping to run some JA stations on 10
meters but didn't hear any. However, it was early. I pointed the beam
thataway and started calling CQ. I spent the next two hours plus working
Japan and a few other asian countries.

I looked back through my logs to see how I've done in the past. I see I
did a little better in 2013 when conditions were great, but this time
around is my second best in recent history. I managed to work the whole
24 hours for Classic.

My receive antennas didn't seem to be working, I went out to the station
yesterday and fixed a few things. Hopefully I can hear during the ARRL
160 contest that is coming up.

Thanks a lot for all the QSOs, especially my friends in Japan who
accounted for 47% of all my contacts.

  Dana

Station: Elecraft K4, KPA1500, running about 1200 Watts most of the time
Antennas: 160m inverted L over 70 radials, 80m top loaded vertical over
those same radials, 40 meter 4 square, 20 meter 4 element yagi at 55',
5 element 15 meter yagi at 45', 5 element 10 meter yagi at 48', A3
tribander at 40' for quick direction changees.