[3830] CQWW CW K9ZO SOSB80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Nov 30 11:26:27 EST 2022

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: IL

   80:  469    19       68

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Dad (age 98) was in the hospital for 5 days this week.  I started the contest
ready for some rest.   Too busy and tired to put up any receiving antennas.  I
only used a 4 square.  I was tickled to find 3B8M right at the beginning. The
big European stations were the only ones coming through at the start so there
was not much rate and no runs. No SE long path heard. Took some needed rest
during the night. Heavy rain during the night. JA3YBK was the only JA in the
early morning.  I never heard K8H (American Samoa) at sunrise. The second night
there was a  very good, but slow run of Germans at their sunrise.  Never heard
anything far away.  Did not get 5R8 or any PY, LU stations. Only 3 JAs in the
morning.  I know there were weak guys calling that I could not copy.  MAybe next
year I can get help with the beverages.  There is not enough time after the
fields are harvested to do all the work.