[3830] Oceania CW AH7RF SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Oct 9 04:34:18 EDT 2022

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW - 2022

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:

   40:   5      5
   20:   8      8
   15:   1      1
Total:  14     14  Total Score = 192

Fun times! The first day, met up with NH6O in the park, and he showed me how he
operates. Super helpful, I've only operated by myself, and I'm still very new at
this, it was great to see how others operate.  He's also QRP, and has a KX3
instead of my KX2. I had a lot of fun, made a lot of contacts (for me), and then
went home. These contacts were made with a KX2 and an endfed antenna.

The next day, 20m dipole in a different park, made a contact, then weather was
getting kind of iffy. Some questionable management of the wires and strings when
I took the antenna down.

3rd outing, met up with NH6O again, same park, the 20m dipole again, and I made
a bunch more contacts (for me).

It was a lot of fun! I worked new countries and states, heard a couple of really
oooooddd stations (which NH6O explained to me - it was too odd for me to copy,
but essentially they were quite far away from me, would have been extra cool
contacts, oh well).

Oh, and I've just about reached my limit of stubbornness, this was all paper
logging, and I'm not great at that.  And then transcribing into tqsl, and the
web cabrillo thing, it was kind of painful for me. So, I'll likely finally
figure out the computer logging thing. Hopefully before the next contest!

I had a lot of fun, and am looking forward to doing this again next year.  To
NH6O thanks very much for helping me out and mentoring me, and to everyone else
thanks very much for the contacts :)