[3830] Makrothen RTTY AB1J SO/Single Xcvr LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 10 12:39:05 EDT 2022

                    Makrothen RTTY Contest - 2022

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO/Single Xcvr LP
QTH: FN42 MA
Operating Time (hrs): 19:53

Total:  542  Total Score = 2,270,452

Solar stats:
2022-10-08 2100z SSN=146 SFI=160 Kp=3
2022-10-09 1000z SSN=146 SFI=157 Kp=4

This has become my favorite RTTY contest because of the distance scoring. In
that regard, I'm surprised more deep SA stations don't clean up in the contest,
with their long over-the-equator paths to all the northern hemisphere population
centers. Some of that may be due to lack of promotion of the contest. The Pizza
Lovers need to hire some Mad Men to get the word out.

CX7SS and PY5AMF were very active. Guess they know the score.

I also like the eight hour segments which let me rest my weary bones at
intervals. Sitting for even eight hours is a PITA for me.

Average distance per QSO band in km (actual, adjusted for the 40m and 80m
multipliers) as calculated by N1MM+

80m 1420 km
40m 2810 km
20m 3787 km
15m 4374 km
10m 5212 km

This is typical of my results in other distance scored contests, such as the new
ARRL Int'l Digital Contest. It's much more fun to score in (adjusted) kilometers
than the ARRL's squashed down scoring method.

I've been doing this contest since 2011 and this is my highest score ever, with
104 more QSOs than last year. Almost all that comes from improved conditions on
15m and 10m: 76 QSOs on 10m (no QSOs there last year) and 34 more on 15m. 80m
and 40m were down a little, 20m up slightly.

Good luck in the fall and winter contests. I'll largely be sitting them out in a
more comfortable chair.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
ViewProp
N1MM Logger+  MMTTY(narrow) MMTTY(wide) 2Tone(Selective)
Attic dipoles on 20m, 15m & 10m
Outdoor 66' stealth wire on 80m, 40m & 20m, Dentron manual tuner and indoor
counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog