[3830] CWopsT AE0Q Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 8 23:09:11 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Feb 9

Call: AE0Q
Operator(s): AE0Q
Station: AE0Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

Total:  17  Mults = 16  Total Score = 272

I've been really frustrated the last 3 weeks with calling lots of people on 40m
and getting very few replies.  The band sounds fine and the antenna tuner
matches the 40m dipole easily.

Tonight I went to change it to a 20m EFHW (just the 32 ft wire in a tree with a
1:49 xfmr) and discovered that the second 32 ft wire has become unplugged from
the 1:1 balun.  I think it got pulled by the snow shovel when clearing the porch
a few weeks ago :-(  So for a few weeks I was using a 1/4 wave vertical on 40m
with no ground radials, sheesh...  The tuner didn't care, dipole at 70 ohms,
vertical at 30 ohms, why not, haha.

Glenn AE0Q