[3830] ARRLDX CW VP5K M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 19 21:51:27 EST 2023

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VP5K
Operator(s): AC0W K0PC
Station: VP5K

Class: M/S HP
QTH:

   40: 1097    58
   20: 1382    58
   15: 1372    59
   10: 1091    58
-------------------
Total: 5843   333  Total Score = 5,807,187

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Bill ACØW and Pat KØPC (along with our wives) ventured back to Turks &
Caicos for the ARRL DX CW contest as VP5K. We have missed the last two years due
to Covid concerns so it was good to get back. We stayed at Harbour Rock again.
This is the wonderful house owned by Jim K4QPL. It has all the equipment you
need to compete in an international contest like ARRL DX. If you would like your
ham radio with a side of vacation, contact Jim about a stay at Harbour Rock.

As everyone knows the bands were in great shape. Something not seen in years. We
had record numbers on most bands. 80 & 160 were down a bit but that is to be
expected when the others shine so bright. With just two operators the contest
weekend becomes a marathon effort. We kept the radio humming the whole time with
the help of our wives and some caffeine.

The results are our best effort in Turks & Caicos regardless of the team
size. Thanks to everyone who worked us on all six bands.

73, Pat KØPC & Bill ACØW