[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jan 11 15:20:08 EST 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z Jan 11

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA

Total:  45  Mults = 34  Total Score = 1,530

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

The sunspot-count is well over 200, but it does not
help for the Arctic F2-layer already 4 hours in the
dark at 1900Z. It took me 15 minutes to log the first
10 calls on 7 MHz, and a little more than that to get
up to 23 Q's. The TN8K pile-up filled a big part of
the lower CWT-range, and Africa-callers were on top
of Champ E21EIC, which I could not reach either.

But on 3.5 MHz Frans PA0INA at 1942Z was the strongest
signal and the first one I worked there. It was easy to
catch the stations, especially on long range, so the
attenuation was far less than usual. More time spent
on 3.5 MHz would have given a better score.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWWops