[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 12 22:09:36 EST 2023

                    NCCC Sprint - Jan 13

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH

  160:   1      1
   80:   2      2
   40:  19     14
   20:   9      7
Total:  31     24  Total Score = 744

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Had high hopes for at least one Q on 15 after seeing SFI = 212 just before the
start, but band was vacant.  I was heard by RBN in the middle South though -
does that count for a mult?  20 had strong, slow QSB - very weird, but even in
the nulls people were workable. 40 was bedlam - at one point I counted 3 Qs
taking place simultaneously on/very near my Q frequency!  80 was its usual
disaster at 4 watts - might have gone there earlier but for knowing what the RFI
would do to me.  Best Q of the night was Hal, W1NN on 160 just before the buzzer
- thanks!

I can't recall an SFI above 200 lately (then again, I don't check it often) -
should be fun in NAQP on the high bands!

Many thanks for the Qs, and hope to work a few NS'ers this weekend,

73 de MikeNH