[3830] NAQP CW K5NA Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 15 12:54:05 EST 2023

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K5NA
Operator(s): K5NA
Station: K5NA

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: TX

  160:    8     8
   10:    9     7
-------------------
Total:  137    96  Total Score = 13,152

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I did my operating, while watching NFL football games on TV, when it was either
between games, during halftimes, or long commercial timeouts.

I sent the name "FRED" to remember and honor K3ZO who was a person I
greatly respected. Fred was always kind and friendly to me and would sometimes
drive me around the area to club meetings when I would happen to be in DC on
business. I only had to walk down to the State Department building to catch a
ride with him.

I completely forgot that this contest was supposed to be low or lesser power and
my amplifier was left on the whole time. Oh well, I suppose it allowed me to
make more and quicker QSOs during my short operating breaks from football. At my
age it is hard to remember the rules for every contest.

Have a great 2023 everyone!!!

73, Richard - K5NA