[3830] CQ160 CW AA4LR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 14:31:38 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

Total:  QSOs = 250  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 2  Total Score = 23,478

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
160m Inverted U, 12m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K3/100 w/KAT3 running 100 watts

Comments:

Not a lot of operating time in this contest. I'd been feeling under the weather
all week with a cold. I skipped Friday night but got on for a few hours on
Saturday.

Found a spot near the bottom of the band and started CQing. Band exploded with
first hour, and nearly as many in the second. Only a handful of stations worked
S & P.

Band conditions seemed great. Very little noise, and it was easy to hear
stations from all over. I worked two California stations while CQing.

A fun little outing. Glad to hand out Qs from Warren county. Now if I can just
kick this cold....