[3830] CQ160 CW VE3VN Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 29 16:53:45 EST 2023

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10:20

Total:  QSOs = 753  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 52  Total Score = 458,224

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was a pretty relaxed outing, which is typical for me in this contest. It
was a mix of running and hunting DX/mults, all for fun. DX openings were
fleeting. There would be periods when Europeans were very strong for a short
while and then they'd drop back to very weak. I didn't bother staying up for
European sunrise either night, and that might have fattened up the log. No Asia
and the only Pacific was several Hawaiians.

The big innovation for this contest was software control of the Beverage system.
Point and click, sometimes several times per QSO. Preparation was a race. I
fixed the final bit of last year's lightning damage last week and the cabling
for software/hardware control was completed Friday morning. Luckily everything
worked, and improvements are in progress.

Now we have only to wait for 3Y0J to show up on 160. ;-)