[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 16 00:21:00 EDT 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0300Z Mar 16

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  146  Mults = 131  Total Score = 19,126

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Since the 1900Z session I went out to the Stanford baseball field which is being
refurbished. The concrete for the dugouts had just been poured and the crew was
waiting for some drying before the finishing smoothing.  My neighbor volunteered
his crew to get this part of the work done.  I took a few pictures to aid in
estimating the work for fixing the cement truck tire tracks and to show one of
those who donated that good progress was being made.  Plans are to put on the
side walls and roof this weekend, but the weather forecast is for temperatures
in the 20s and winds of 30 MPH.  The materials are on site for this next stage.

My son and family came over for dinner so I was busy helping cook and clean up.
Good news - my brother will visit in about 3 weeks and help with dad and perhaps
have a couple extra days to help me with projects. I've fallen behind due to my
hospitalization.

The bands were noisy - approaching storm.  20 had a lot of spots, but we rarely
get good dispersal of propagation at night so I started on 20.
0315Z 42 QSOs
0330Z  82 QSOs, quite a bit slower than the daytime sessions.

0337Z lots of CQing and there was not rate.  N7US signal had a lot of echo and
it was difficult to decode his call and member number. Did some S&P until
0348Z, but it was slow.  Went to 80, but lots of guys I had worked.  I sure
could have used omni mode with the 4 square and a receiving antenna.  Had a very
short run, then a very slow S&P session.

I am exhausted after all the activity today and have to see a doctor tomorrow. I
hope 6 meters is not open!

A few LOTW confirmations arrived today including 3Y0J.  I am at 2872 with 3
paper, and 4 outstanding for a total of 2879.  My goal is 3,000 before SK and
that is a stretch goal!