[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 22 17:04:17 EDT 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Mar 22

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  151  Mults = 138  Total Score = 20,838

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Started on 80 just to see how signals sounded and assess the activity level.
There were few signals, and not many strong guys. It is best to avoid this band
in the morning until the fall season.  There were only a very few west coast and
they were really weak.  K1EBY was the strong one from out east.  So the initial
rate was slow,and by the time I got to 40 at 1311Z it was crowded, but I found a
spot at 7.028, however missed the initial quick run.  1315Z 33 QSOs (dreadful)
and 1330Z 84 QSOs at 1330Z, but the rate dropped. There was activity on 20
meters which I did not benefit from because of the slow band changes with the
SteppIR.

Outside of the CWT I have been amusing myself by chasing CY0S and 9X5RU and
picked up only one new band country out of 24 band slots so far.  Flex reports
the PA board and fan are bad in my 6600 and no word on the Maestro yet.  Pretty
poor quality control. The PGXL has been back 3 times, the 6600 has needed two
repairs, and the Maestro has seen 3 bad VFO encoder knobs plus the encoder was
bad on the remote encoder.  The 6600 looses about an S unit when I go split for
DX and often the weak guys disappear as a result. Jeez.