[3830] CWopsT OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 22 10:18:47 EDT 2023

                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Mar 22

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA

Total:  54  Mults = 49  Total Score = 2,646

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Conditions were such that my RUN-frequency was
three times overtaken by another caller. It was a
common feature today as I saw also other stations
CQ'ing on top of each other... There was no Aurora,
X-ray flux was at the B/C-border and QSB very slow.
On 14 MHz all signals were damped, especially G azim.

For the remaining 20% of time 21 MHz had much stronger
signals but most activity was in dense pileups with no
CWT intent. Attenuation was much lower and there was
good backscatter of the Scandinavian signals. However,
USA was very weak like on 14 MHz, and 28 MHz seemed
below the MUF today. Forecasts for the weekend are
very disturbed regarding geomagnetics, but those
are often not occurring the way as foreseen. We have
passed equinox, so the Winter anomaly is weakening,
which makes MUF's lower in the Northern Hemisphere.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops