[3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOAB Classic LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 00:26:24 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Clarksville TN

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I was going to do a 24 hour classic, but Mother Nature had other ideas.
2 hours into the contest a heavy line of tornadic producing thunderstorms
entered my area and knocked me off the air. The worst would be here in two more

hours with straight winds of 50+MPH and heavy driving rains at a rate of
2 1/2"/hour. By 05:00utc Saturday morning I saw the driving rains had
torn up freshly laid sod around the pool and patio, and muddy rushing
rain waters had breached the pool and and seeped into the three season
room. Well, that pretty much put the kabosh on BIC time, now diverted to
clean up chores. Let me tell you, TN mud stains everything it touches!
I was still able to muster up 10 hours of BIC time, in and out of the
shack, but my enthusiasm and drive had diminished. Band conditions seemed
better Sunday on 10 and 15 to EU and Asia, than Saturday. I was surprised to
hear, and work so many Asiatic Russia ops on 15m late Sunday morning. Even
heard E2A cqing on 15m, but was unable to be heard on his end. Glad I was able
to operate an hour and a half Sunday morning before attending to additional
cleanup and repair chores.

Thanks for all the QS!

73 Gene N9TF, Clarksville TN. Rig, K3S 100 watts to 6BTV ground mounted.