[3830] WPX SSB W4GE SOAB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 00:27:09 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W4GE
Operator(s): W4GE
Station: W4GE

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: SC

Total:  930  Prefixes = 522  Total Score = 1,340,496

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

A boy, his radio, and the N1MM+ bandmap, what more can you ask for on a spring
weekend?  Bands were overall in good shape, (160 least good), with spotlight
openings coming and going up and down the bands.  All S&P given my rather
common call sign prefix.  A relaxed paced allowed time for company and evening
dinners. My favorite contest -- All good.  Even had a few enjoyable chats along
the way.

Rig: Elecraft K3(S) and P3 with KPA1500 amp.

Antennas: K4KIO Hex beam at 11m, 80m 1/4 wave vertical base loaded for 160m, 40m
vertical with elevated ground wires.

Thanks to all for your grace under fire.

Rick
W4GE