[3830] WPX SSB 9A50P(@9A1P) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 28 07:00:45 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: 9A50P
Operator(s): 9A1TT 9A1UN 9A2NA 9A2RD 9A2ZI 9A3K 9A5AFF 9A5CW 9A6KX S55OO S56NE S57AL
Station: 9A1P

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JN65

   80: 1087
   40: 1891
   20: 2743
   15: 1554
   10: 1600

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Coronal hole effects and some CME from the sun in the second part of the week
wasnt a good sign. Contest started with terrible condx. 14MHz closed. 7MHz with

K1LZ at noise level. 160/80m was at least usable for EU qso. With IMF tending to
normalize in the morning hours, upper bands started to get alive around 1 hour
after local sunrise. Still northen paths were influenced by strong AU, we
somehow
managed to keep acceptable rates with southern hemisphere. It was quite fun to
run
10m with south americans. Lowbands night hours were not to bad bu still not good
or even avarage. 2nd day started much better with nice 10m opening to JA,
somehow the same opening didnt realize on 15m?! Later both bands opened finnaly
to USA and we could exploit our qth with our best setup and takeoff. It was a
pleasure finnaly running pileups after 40 hours of struggle.
Competition in EU M/M was good with LZ9W and YT5A on. Too bad you guys didnt
join the fun on the livescores this time. Our log was sent just at the end of
the contest, following the agreement we took on last Istra Contest Meeting in
October.
Great to have some new and old friends back on the qth. We had lot of fun, good
jokes, food and drinks, in 4 words: We Love This Game

73 9A1P team