[3830] WPX SSB ES7A SOSB10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 28 13:15:43 EDT 2023

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: ES7A
Operator(s): ES7A
Station: ES7A

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: KO28SJ
Operating Time (hrs): 26
OpMode: SO2R

Usually when they predict AU a month in advance, they normally miss it (by a day
or two). Boy this time they said already in late Feb, that WPX weekend will be
heavy AU. One thing is for sure, I was about to quit 3-4 hours into the contest,
because nothing was really audible. But then step by step Asia started booming
and since live score showed others were struggling too, I decided to give it a
go. Found out that thanks to AU, Japan was coming almost exactly over North
Pole. And loud JA stations kept coming and coming. I worked total of 328 JA's.
And then there was a huge pile of YB stations. I hope this large population gets
more and more hams in future. This time I got bit over 100 YB's.

Propagation was indeed strange this time. Saturday I had zero US stations, not a
beep from England, on loud DL's or HB9's. 2 very weak French guys but about 50
super loud EA's and even more louder PY's. Sunday on the other hand had a brief
opening and I tried to make the best of it. Also shout out to ZS land. I have
never worked that many ZS stations on one band. I had 22 of them.

Overall an interesting contest with lots of strange happenings.

See you in next one.
Kris, ES7GM