[AMPS] parasitics

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 12:23:28 +0000

> From:          Peter Chadwick <Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com>
> To:            "'amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
> Subject:       [AMPS] parasitics
> Date:          Fri, 22 Aug 97 10:30:42 +0000

> Rich suggests small resistors for MOSFET parasitic suppression. I agree
> - I've found that approach far more reliable in production, and cheaper.
> They also work well on small triodes in cathode followers and the like -
> E88CC/6DJ8's  are very prone to parasitics, but 22 ohms in the plate
> lead works wonders.

Good example Peter.

Higher series resistance almost always decreases high frequency
response or gain.

When I design a VHF suppressor, I try for a series resistance that
dominates the anode load impedance. Lower series resistance will
at the frequency of instability will almost always decrease
stability.

73 Tom