[AMPS] parasitics

Peter Chadwick Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:30:42 +0100

Rich suggests small resistors for MOSFET parasitic suppression. I agree
- I've found that approach far more reliable in production, and cheaper.
They also work well on small triodes in cathode followers and the like -
E88CC/6DJ8's  are very prone to parasitics, but 22 ohms in the plate
lead works wonders.

As far as PA stages go, I also have a feeling that you need to
characterise the spread of properties of the bead very well to make sure
it always works. Even with the necessary test gear, I'd still be a bit
wary unless I could model the thing accurately enough to run a Monte
Carlo analysis to see what the spread of electrical characteristics
would be.

73

Peter G3RZP