[AMPS] Need HV insulators/feedthru

Kenneth D. Grimm grimm@lynchburg.net
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 19:34:47 -0500

Ron Hooper wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>   I am looking for a good HV connector to bring HV thru a metal plate.
>
> I have used the Millen HV connectors rated for 5 kv, which pops with
> 5500 on them. Any suggestions for a source and what to use. I prefer
> something with a 10kv rating. I installed a large ceramic feed thru
> and
> it lasted for a could of weeks.
> Thanks Ron

Having had the same problem with the Millen connectors, I switched to
the HN series of coax connectors in an amp running about 5kv.  I would
imagine that they would be OK at 5500 v.  At least they are a big step
up from the Millen stuff which really should have been rated for about
3.5 kv or so.

73,
Ken K4XL
grimm@lynchburg.net