[AMPS] Rebuilding an MLA2500

fcady@ee.montana.edu fcady@ee.montana.edu
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 08:30:03 -0700

I would like to try to rebuild a junker MLA2500.  This is a nice little
amp but the tubes are pretty expensive to replace.  I think there was a
discussion about this on one of the reflectors a while back about
re-tubing the MLA with a less expensive tube.  Can anybody give me some
more information?  Has anybody actually done this or know of someone who
has?  What would be a fair amount to pay for an MLA that needs tubes?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Fred KE7X

Fred Cady
Department of  Electrical and Computer Engineering
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT  59717
fcady@ee.montana.edu