[AMPS] Re: 8875 = 4cx400 ?

Larry Bush lbush@eramp.net
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 19:31:16 -0600

At 08:25 AM 12/23/97 +0008, you wrote:

>hi larry and all,
>
>>     As a point of interest, and totally off my subject, I noticed on the
>> Web site for surplus sales of Nebraska, (HTTP://www.surplussales.com) in
>> the tube pricing list an entry for 8875's showing the Svetlana 4cx400 as an
>> equivalent tube. This surely can't be, can it ??
>
>no, i don't think so.  the 8875 is a triode; the 4cx400 is a tetrode!
>
>73,
>George T. Daughters, K6GT

Hi George,

I checked this out and both the 4X150A ad the 4CX400 A are tetrodes. All
the base connections the same. The only reason I see you could not
interchange tubes is that the Anode radiator on the 4X150 is 41.6 mm dia.
but on the 4CX400 the Anode radiator is 51.6 mm dia.

73...

Larry Bush  W5NCD