[AMPS] AMPEREX 3-500Z(G) TUBES

Rich Measures measures@vc.net
Wed, 31 Dec 97 06:07:11 -0800

>My friend Ahron, 4X1FQ is looking for Amperex representative
>in U.S. ( fax or e-mail address ) and for any impressions on
>their 3-500Z(G) tubes : performance & reliability compared with
>original Eimac specs. The AMPS archives don't have enough
>infos.
Amperex never made anything but graphite [G] anode cooler 3-500s and
3-400s.  The average Mu of the Amperex 3-500 is about 200, and the Eimac
version *was* about 130.  I use a pair of Amperex 3-400Zs -  one of which
was manufactured in 1967 - in my SB-220.  The filament potential is low
and the VHF parasitic suppressors are low-Q/low Rp - factors that I
believe are partly responsible for the 30 year life.

Rich...

R. L. Measures, 805-386-3734, AG6K