[AMPS] Run a pair of 4-1000's?

w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 20:34:35 +0000

> From:          "Lane C. Zeitler" <km3g@cts.com>
> Subject:       [AMPS] Run a pair of 4-1000's?
> Date:          Thu, 17 Jul 97 17:25:36 +0000

> Wondering what the group thinks about using these tubes as a pair with Ep
> at 5.5kvdc. I am trying to achieve 4kW or more output. I am considering
> these tubes because I have about a half dozen on hand and the replacement
> costs are pretty low.

Hi Lane,

You can get 4 K out of a pair, but unless you have a BIG
exciter you'll need to grid drive the tubes.

4-1000A's get a little unstable at 5000 volts and above, especially
on ten meters, so you may have a little fight on your hands with
stability. But it probably won't be anything you can't cure.

73, Tom W8JI